Consider how much information each of us has to process on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis. Whether in print or paperless, we are bombarded with information, some of it relevant and some of it a waste of our time. Studies show that people can only keep six or seven items in their head before forgetfulness and confusion comes into play. Worse yet, being buried by information can lead to stress and negative emotions and health results.
This course explores how to organize an information management system that works for you. Utilizing easy-to-use strategies and controls, you will be able to manage information and avoid information overload.
- Identify ways one is overloaded with too much information.
- Identify the risks associated with information overload.
- List ways to effectively manage and reduce clutter effectively.
- Indicate the benefits of creating a filing system.
- List steps to effectively organize information.
- Managing information
- Information overload
- Avoiding mental “burnout”
- Managing clutter
- Reducing clutter
- Organizing information
DURATION: 45 minutes
AUDIENCE: All employees