Workplace harassment, workplace sexual harassment, and workplace violence awareness have significantly increased in recent years. Organizations understand the value of preventing behavior detrimental to workplace culture, and legislation has responded to these needs.
This Q&A document outlines both the federal and provincial training requirements and guidelines throughout Canada, including answers to the following questions:
- What type of organization must provide training?
- What is the minimum number of employees for training to be required?
- How frequently must training be conducted?
- How soon must training be conducted?
- What segments of the workforce must receive training?
- What is the minimum duration of the training?
- What records must be kept following training?
- What are the potential penalties for failing to conduct training?
- What are the mandatory content requirements?
- Are there any policies or posting requirements?