Senior Full Stack Java Developer
Assuring our clients’ success and experience is mission-critical to Syntrio. We are a small and rapidly growing tech company with a loyal client base and low turnover. You will work in a fast-paced, client-focused environment, never sitting idly on the sidelines, always having access to key decision-makers. You will be supported in transforming your ideas into action. Your skills and career will align with your dedication to Syntrio’s mission of creating safe and fair workplaces.
As a Senior Full Stack Java Developer, you will primarily be responsible for developing and maintaining Syntrio’s software solutions. This will be achieved using the agile methodologies established by Syntrio. This includes attending the appropriate ceremonies such as daily stand-ups, retrospectives, occasional sprint planning, backlog grooming, and story estimation.
Syntrio requires a self-starter, able to learn and master new skills/systems/knowledge as needed. You must be able to share knowledge with teammates, become a mentor, and work independently without the need to be micromanaged. You will be involved in all phases of software development from conception to production deployment and beyond.
- Writing clean, testable code using Java Spring Boot, Postgres database, Cloud services such as Azure, Terraform Iac, Docker containers, Linux, Web services, APIs, React, Redux, and TypeScript.
- Developing technical specifications and designing a robust, scalable architecture
- Design and develop API integration with various products of the organization
- Participate in decision-making concerning software architecture and design
- Conduct technical analyses and documentation of technical and non-technical details of Web API integration with third-party vendors when required
- Assist with UI/UX design
- Creating designs for applications and websites that are visually appealing and user friendly
- Troubleshoot, debug, and fix defects
- Create automated unit tests
- Assist in deployment activities
- Perform code reviews, mentor, and assist in the training and onboarding of other team members
- Maintain high standards, attention to detail, accuracy, and completeness
- Participating in daily scrums with other team members to discuss project status and identify any issues that may affect the progress
- Communicating with stakeholders to gather requirements for new projects or products
- Collaborating with other team members to design, develop, test, release, and support new products or services throughout the entire SDLC
Passionate in areas
- Clean code, being Agile
- DevOps Culture
- Desire to impact culture, motivating and inspiring others to learn and grow
- Communication and knowledge transfer
- Problem-solving and root-cause analysis for issues in the production environment
- Self-starter who can work effectively with minimum direction
- ·Have a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, or a related field.
- Minimum 4-5 years of Java development experience
- 4+ years of experience in object-oriented programming and design patterns.
- High-level skills in Java (preferably Java 1.8 or higher), using the latest SDKs and tools and frameworks such as Spring boot, spring JDBC, Spring test, Spring security, etc.
- 2+ years of experience with React, Redux, TypeScript, APIs
- Familiar with various design and architectural patterns
- Understanding of fundamental design principles for building a scalable application
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git, Bitbucket
- Knowledge of Azure services
- Attention to security coding standards and best practices
Communication and cross-functional skills
- Work closely with cross-functional teams like Client Success, QA, and Product owners to capture critical business requirements, negotiate project scope, create project roadmap, estimate work effort, and support post-release issues.
- Provide accurate project status to Management/Project Managers and escalate where appropriate
- Have excellent communication skills: updating user stories, responding to support tickets, working with integration partners, timely responses to emails, ability to work using remote tools such as MS Teams, Slack, and JIRA, active participation in meetings
- Always represent Syntrio in the best possible light to groups, including clients, stakeholders, and vendors.