Senior eLearning Training Writer/Author
This role focuses principally on authoring elearning content on a range of business topics, including ethics and compliance, code of conduct, diversity, equity and inclusion and business soft skills. Exceptional skills in writing, use of the English language and proofing are critical. Writing samples that demonstrate writing precision, creativity and versatility will be requested of select candidates.
Syntrio is looking for a lead elearning training writer to join a growing team of professionals making a difference with its customers in building healthy workplace cultures through employee feedback systems and related training and communications programs.
Syntrio is a growing company that helps organizations build and evolve winning cultures that mitigate business risk and accelerate performance. Syntrio is on a mission to evolve its own workplace culture around its mission and values. We have a real commitment to responsible conduct, the voice of the employee, and diversity, equity and inclusion.
Syntrio offers competitive health, dental, vision, life insurance, paid time off benefits as well as a 401(k) with a company contribution. As Syntrio is a virtual organization, this is a remote (work-from-home) position within the US.
- Draft instructional elearning courses, including, course abstract, learning objectives and instructional design approach, course outline, and storyboard content, to include:
- Scenarios to be developed into videos
- Instructional material
- Exercises that illuminate and apply instructional material
- Draft instructional content for other learning products
- Proof storyboards and elearning courses prior to release
- Conduct research into select topics for envisioned elearning courses and other products
- Select rich media materials (e.g., footage, imagery) to include in elearning courses
- Assist with coordination of rich media assets to convey the elearning instructional and related content
- Assist with the research, writing and development of thought leadership white papers
- Maintain and enhance storyboard design template
- Maintain and develop an instructional design content usage guidelines and inventory
- Work with the product development leader to develop elearning strategies and ways to deploy these strategies with the design and enhancement of elearning and related products
- Assist production team with the Syntrio proprietary course authoring tool
- Monitor innovations in elearning to assist in new product development and enhancement
- Maintain and update Syntrio writing style guide
- Assist from a content role with the production of motion graphics and live action videos
- Oversee the work of and liaise with contract instructional designers
Helpful background will include:
- Knowledge of learning theory, such as adult learning and instructional design principles.
Helpful software skills include:
- Microsoft Office products
- Knowledge of elearning course authoring tools
- Skills in working with Adobe After Effects and similar products not necessary but a plus.
Additional personal attributes include:
- A self-starter; creating their own sense of urgency.
- A high energy level and results-orientation required to succeed in a smaller company environment.
- Highly analytic, action oriented, strategic thinker with a proven track record of results, thriving in a fast-paced, hard-working culture.
- A balanced leadership style with a natural predisposition to “roll-up the sleeves.”
- A positive attitude and ability to make things happen.
- An approachable leader with an “open-door” style.
- Strong personal organizational skills.
- Strong communication skills including verbal, written, and digital.
- Honesty, integrity, and a clear sense of ethical decision making; ability to quickly gain the trust of leadership and peers.
Syntrio is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.