In recent years, legal developments have significantly broadened the scope of anti-retaliation protection, lowered the burden for establishing unlawful retaliation, and expanded the damages available. As a result, claims of retaliation are now the most commonly laid charge and the most difficult to defend! Training managers and supervisors on the risks and consequences of retaliation in the workplace is a top concern.
Our online retaliation training program, Preventing Retaliation in the Workplace, discusses the protections afforded to employees under the anti-retaliation provisions of various employment laws. Using scenarios and case studies, the course discusses the types of work-related activities that are protected by law, the types of behavior that can lead to a charge of retaliation, and the risks of failing to take steps to prevent unlawful retaliation in the workplace.
Audience: HR, Managers and Supervisors
Length: 45 minutes
- What is unlawful retaliation
- Elements of a successful retaliation claim
- Risks of engaging in or failing to address retaliation in the workplace
- Types of activity that are “protected” from retaliation by law
- Adverse employment actions that may be considered unlawful retaliation
- Factors that infer a causal connection between protected activities and adverse actions
- Steps to reduce the risk of retaliation claims in the workplace