You have hired the right people, your next is to step prevent misinformation and costly mistakes! It is essential that all managers be well versed on the fundamentals of wage and hour laws. Syntro offers online training focused on managing within the law.
Syntrio’s online training, Wage and Hour Basics, is designed for managers who supervise employees subject to the FLSA (Fair Labor Standards Act) and state minimum wage, overtime, and meal and rest break laws. In addition to learning the basic parameters of the wage and hour laws governing the payment of minimum wages and overtime, managers will learn though real-life scenarios and exercises to recognize and resolve any essential “flash points” that could lead to wage and hour lawsuits.
Audience: Managers who Supervise Hourly W-2 Employees
Length: 30 minutes
Upon completion of this online training you should be able to
- Understand the key components of state and federal wage and hour laws including minimum wage, overtime, and meal and rest break requirements.
- Explain what is meant by “time worked” and when overtime must be paid.
- Identify the issues that often lead to wage and hour lawsuits.
- Learn the proper methods of record keeping that prove that employees worked the hours for which they were paid.
- Identify situations where employees may be exempt from federal and state overtime requirements.
- Understand the potential penalties for violation of wage and hour laws.
ALSO AVAILABLE IN THIS SERIES