This course, designed for managers and/or supervisors, discusses the federal and state anti-discrimination laws (AB 1825 and AB 2053) and company policies prohibiting sexual harassment. Using hypothetical scenarios and real-life examples, managers are instructed on how to recognize and prevent sexual harassment and retaliation and are provided practical guidance on the steps that should be taken to correct sexual harassment. Managers will learn of their legal and moral obligations in refraining from harassment and maintaining a harassment-free environment as well as the remedies available for victims.
California Sexual Harassment Training for Managers (AB 1825)
Audience: California Managers and Supervisors
Length: 2 hours
This course explains your legal obligations, as a manager or supervisor, with regards to sexual harassment and other forms of illegal harassment in the workplace. Upon completion, you should be able to do the following:
- Recognize conduct that can give rise to claims of harassment.
- Understand what can create a hostile work environment.
- Know your legal responsibilities and what to avoid if a complaint is brought against you.
- Apply strategies to prevent harassment from occurring.
- Take appropriate steps if you learn that an employee is being harassed.